Painting reproduction course
Painting reproductions have an artistic and not just a business value, with their own particular market.
Reproducing is an art that has always been practised over the centuries; in fact many reproductions of great masterpieces are found in museums today.
While the artist is free to paint, the copyist must carefully study the original work, retracing the passages made by the artist, thoroughly get inside his/her head, become familiar with his/her work and the artistic historical context where the piece was created.
- Choice of the original piece and historic contextualisation.
- Accurate analysis of the image.
- Study of the materials used.
- Preparation of new materials.
- The design.
- Applying the colour.
- The finish and final effect.
- The ageing process.