Restoration course of carpets
- Analysis of the artefact, origin, classification, age and evaluation of the knotted carpet, fabric processing and Kilim, with an approach to in-depth knowledge of the carpet.
- Processing phase: conserve - preserve - restore the object with careful analysis of the type and study of the restoration suitable for the object.
- Analysis and intervention: restoration planning.
- Washing with demineralized water or steam, fixing with nets and heat-sealed fabrics to protect the damaged parts.
- Wool dyeing: practice used, both for cottons or wools, for restoration with natural dyes.
- Conservative restoration phases:
- Fringes and edges, fastening of the fringes or heads with fastening to the weft and warps.
- Side edge locking with reconstruction of the same.
- Reconstruction of corners and uncapping of the carpet by reweaving weft and warps.
- Reconstruction of the holes on the loom with reweaving of weft and warps.
|For every 24 hours||750|
Prices valid upon enrolment for all course commencement dates
|Jan||3, 17, 31||Jul||4, 18|
|Feb||14, 28||Aug||1, 16, 29|
|Mar||14, 28||Sept||12, 26|
|Apr||11, 26||Oct||10, 24|
|May||9, 23||Nov||7, 21|
National holidays observed in the year 2022:
6 January, 18 April, 25 April, 2 June, 24 June, 15 August, 1 November, 8 December.
National holidays observed in the year 2023:
Materials are not included in the price and will be agreed upon at the beginning of the course.
The 24-hour course can be spread over 2 or more weeks.
All courses are taught in Italian.
Registration includes the placement test, the accommodation search service, certificates and a few cultural activities.