Strictly speaking, to paint means applying pigments to substrates such as canvas, paper, ceramics, wood, glass, metal sheet or wall. Pigments are essentially solid, therefore a thinner is needed in order to bring them to a more liquid state, whether denser or more fluid, and a binder to obtain along-lasting adhesion to the medium.
The final product is an image that, depending on the artist's intentions, expresses his/her perception of the world or its representation, however, according to his/her personality, creativity and to his/her aesthetic taste and to that of the society that he/she belongs to.
- Overview of techniques and materials
- From the conception to the creation
- Shape and colour
- Use of coloured pencils and pastel technique.
- Use of normal and oily temperas.
- Use of oil colours for glazing and print painting.
- Copies of Old Masters to practise these techniques, with special attention to fourteenth-century tempera on board and gold background techniques.
- Landscape oil painting from life.
|For every 24 hours||950|
Prices valid upon enrolment for all course commencement dates
|Jan||9, 23||Jul||10, 24|
|Feb||6, 20||Aug||7, 21|
|Mar||6, 20||Sept||4, 18|
|Apr||3, 17||Oct||2, 16, 30|
|May||2, 15, 29||Nov||13, 27|
National holidays observed in the year 2023:
10 April, 25 April, 1 May, 2 June, 15 August, 1 November, 8 December.
|Jan||8, 22||Jul||8, 22|
|Feb||5, 19||Aug||5, 19|
|Mar||4, 18||Sept||2, 16, 30|
|Apr||2, 15, 29||Oct||14, 28|
|May||13, 27||Nov||11, 25|
National holidays observed in the year 2024:
1 April, 25 April, 1 May, 24 June, 15 August, 1 November.
Materials are not included in the price and will be agreed upon at the beginning of the course.
The 24-hour course can be spread over 2 or more weeks.
All courses are taught in Italian.
Registration includes the placement test, the accommodation search service, certificates and a few cultural activities.